Working with Codeplex working environment

Developer
Aug 31, 2010 at 1:06 PM

Hello

I'm a beginner at Codeplex, but as I've heard it's better to share all opinions and issues at this environment so everybody can use. Therefor there are some questions for me:

1. Let assume I have an idea or proposition in my mind, which part of this website I should place them? In Discussions, Issue Tracker or Documentation section?
  2. Now assume I'm working on my code and suddenly I encounter an issue, like a compile error; So where should I announce it to others help me? In Issue Tracker? I think issue tracker is more for customer issues, like platform compatibilities and so on, but is there a right place for putting developers' errors?
Coordinator
Aug 31, 2010 at 1:48 PM

Question 1.

I think these should better be in discussions, because items in issue tracker are work items, meaning that their ideas are approved and they are waiting to be further discussed, developed and tested.

Question 2.

I think issues are better be in issue tracker. Because items in issue tracker are workitems which can be assigned to developers, And can also be queried and opened via Visual Studio Team Explorer. When their issue is solved, they can be closed. They can be both used for users and developers.